There have been 4,658 cases of Whooping Cough in our state; the highest number since 1941.
I appreciate all of the love and support you have shown for Chelsey Charles, Tanner, and Kaliah, over the last year and a half.
In that time we have done quite a lot. We take in no money for any of it.
We have done all of this with this page, phone calls, emails, posts, letters, petitions, as well as our blog @ http://kennethaskorner.weebly.com/wa---kaliahs-law.html
Your sharing of the petition is the only way to get it signed. Your sharing of the page is the only way to get the messages out. We can't do it without you.
Here are a few of the things accomplished since Kaliah was taken by this awful disease on August 16th 2011.
1) Chelsey keeping it in the news, telling her story so no one else would have to go through what she did.
2) Were the first on the radio to alert the public to the epidemic
3) Negotiated the donation for production of the first Public Service Announcement, featuring Chelsey and Secretary of State Mary Selecky. click on audio link at top of page to listen http://kennethaskorner.weebly.com/wa---kaliahs-law.html (The state has now removed this from their site for some reason.)
4) Negotiated the payment for the first 30 days worth of broadcasting, with Fisher broadcasting around $50,000 worth
5) Created 4 petitions to create a law requiring th estates to tell us if there is an epidemic Kaliah's Law http://www.change.org/petitions/silence-is-deadly-washington-state-department-of-health-must-warn-us-when-epidemics-are-in-our-community
6) Initiated the postcards sent to all 300,000 residents of Snohomish County where the epidemic was at it's worst. Around $30,000 worth. http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20120604/NEWS01/706049935
7) PBS story on Chelsey and our Epidemic http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2012/08/losing-a-baby-to-whooping-cough-one-mothers-story-1.html
8) Submitted Chelsey and Kaliah's story to many websites. Here are some links.
A) Kaliah’s Story goes viral and is viewed more than 2.7 million times. http://shotbyshot.org/pertussis/kaliahs-story/ and
B) Chelsey King 5 news http://www.king5.com/health/Mother-turns-grief-into-mission-after-baby-dies-whooping-cough-150870515.html
C) Children's Hospital of Philadelphia newsletter sent to thousands! http://www.chop.edu/service/parents-possessing-accessing-communicating-knowledge-about-vaccines/sharing-personal-stories/whooping-cough.html
D) Story on Nurses Who Vaccinate blog: http://nurseswhovaccinate.blogspot.com/2012/07/kaliahs-law.html
E) Solitina article: http://www.solatina.com/2012/04/kaliahs-story-by-chelsey-charles/
F) News article on http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20120404/NEWS01/704049870/-1/NEWS and Everett Clinic http://www.everettclinic.com/News_Newsletters.ashx?p=839&NMSUBID=3960
G) Australian article on Chelsey and Kaliah's story http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/baby/baby-health/this-is-why-we-need-to-vaccinate-kaliahs-story-20120418-1x6jr.html
H) USA Today story about Chelsey and Kaliah http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-07-19/whooping-cough-increase/56340120/1
I) Chelsey's documentary by Guggenheim http://bcove.me/okl6c4m4
We will continue to share Pertussis related news and new recommendations from reliable sources, in Kaliah's name and in the name of all those who have been lost to, or harmed by, Pertussis.
Thanks again for your support.